Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Remembering Vic--One of those irritating sayings

Vic would have been close to being a teenager for this one and he had this very irritating saying that he repeated for dumb acts. It is probably because I am the champion of dumb acts so he used it on me often.
Like one time when I was not holding the garbage bag securely as I was doing my chore of taking it out. The bag ripped and fell from my hands onto the floor. Rather than come over and help me in my time of immense trial Vic clapped his hands in appreciation of my dumb act and half way shouted out..."Smooth move Exlax"...
I think all of us might have a phase we remember going through when we acted in a similar manner to this and had some catchy phrase we used on others.
Well, like I said, Vic used this one regularly on me so I shouldn't have to inform anyone it made me seethe with anger.
One evening at the dinner table Vic reached up and over his plate to get more of whatever delicacy we were eating for the night and he knocked over his milk. Not wanting to pass on the event I jumped to my feet so as to give him a standing ovation and repeated his own works...
"Smooth move Exlax"... but I was not content to make it a mere casual statement. I said it loud but not in a yelling mode..."SMOOTH MOVE EXLAXXXXXXX" and I was heavy on the xxxxx.
Vic turned a sudden crimson color himself out of anger at being caught in his own belittling phrase and I know if I had been somewhere other than the exact opposite side of the table I would have gotten punched in the face.
Mom gave me a stern look herself for acting in such a manner at the dinner table and Dad had the most quizzacle look on his face as if to say..."What does that mean?"
Still it was a choice moment of comebacks in my revenge list and has stuck with me to this day.


Ahhhh how I would love to have him humiliate me one more time with it.....

1 comment:

Angela said...

Haha...no one likes to get caught doing something they themselves were teasing someone else for doing.

BUT, we all do it!