Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vic the hothead

Ron tells the story of a time when Vic was just entering the gymnasium in preparation for and upcoming church basketball game (church ball is notorious for bad sportsmanship unfortunately).
As he made his way across the side of the court there was a loudmouth player arguing loudly with the referee about a call that was made. Vic wanting to stick up for the referee yelled out,
"Give him a technical!"
To which the player responded, "Mind your own business".
This got Vic just a little peeved so he yelled back a bit louder, "Give him another technical"!!
At this point the obnoxious player started on his way over to Vic to have words with him as well.
When he got with in striking distance Vic let loose with a quick right handed punch which caught the would be trouble maker full in the face and fell back immediately on his back there on the basketball court.
Vic was thrown out of the building for his violence.
When Ron caught up with him later and was able to ask about him about it and asked him how he felt about it Vic said, "Actually, it felt pretty good...."
Vic the hot head!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Go Vic! The guy sounds like he deserved it...haha!

Lori Buhr said...

Oh boy! The Dean's and basketball. It is genetic. If I remember right he hurt his hand doing it too, or maybe it was another time when he hurt his hand just playing basketball, so many stories I could have them confused. I love all my brothers and I LOVE BASKETBALL!

Rick...the meek and mild said...

I broke my hand playing basketball so maybe I am the one you are thinking of. Then again, hitting someone in the head can easily hurt your hand so I have no doubt it could have been Vic as well.

The Empty Bed said...

I love all your stories ... you tell them so well. Are you working on a book ... Family History?