Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Two Christmas stories, one long, one short, this is the short

All three of our daughters took piano lessons and performed in different recitals through the years. Many recitals are especially arranged at Christmas time and the music adds to the holiday season. One particular year Brooke had a partner and she learned a lovely version of "What Child Is This", a Christmas song I truly do enjoy.
Wanting to encourage and expand her piano experience I arranged to have her play the song again as part of our church's Christmas program and talked Brooke into letting me be her partner for the performance. At the appointed time Brooke and I got up to the piano and started the number in a very positive and moving way. We were doing a wonderful job in adding a beautiful touch to the Christmas program, but then I went into wander mode. For what ever reason I looked away from the music for a brief second and when I looked back to the pages I lost track of where I was at....my playing stopped. I had to confess to Brooke I was lost and asked..."Where are we?"
Brooke gave me a sharp glare and replied, "You're dead meat!!"
She then pointed out the spot we should be at and we finished off the number without any other distractions still adding a nice touch to the Christmas program.
I still get a chuckle every time I reflect on that moment when I got that threat from my daughter during the holiday season....Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Amy said...

haha!! I remember that one!