Sunday, January 13, 2008

We weren't angels/Roberta part2

When Berta had been newly potty trained and was aware of the fact when any of us, her brothers, went potty we did so standing up, she asked why she had to sit down when she went potty. We informed her she could stand up as well if she wanted and the next time she had to go potty she should let us watch. (It wasn’t because we were perverts) The next time she felt the urge, she invited us to watch. We howled with laughter when she puddled down her legs and onto the floor. She was sooooo proud, she had to grab Mom and show her what a big girl she was now. Our howls turned to whimpers when we saw Mom coming. She was more amused than angry so we all had a good laugh at Roberta’s expense.

4 comments:

Angela said...

i know of this horrible trick that you played on Aunt Roberta, but i didn't know of the one previous. (you pretending to drown)

I laughed though.

Ang

melanie said...

I am glad I grew up with the brothers I had. Not to much teasing from them...

Amy said...

One of the classic Dean stories. The boys and I just got to this part in your book.... they laughed and laughed. Thanks for all the good stories I can tell the boys. They love them.... I do I.

Lori Buhr said...

Is it any wonder that I grew up in constant fear for my life? I am a survivor however, and I still even have a bit of a sense of humor and can laugh at some of the joke, especially if they weren't played on me. What a bunch of brothers you guys were. You're familiar with the saying, "oh, brother!" I think I know which family it originated in...ours!