Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day

This is a short story I recall Dad relating which shows Mom's quiet commitment in knowing what is the right thing to do.
Dad told of the day when he was going to be presented in Stake Conference for a sustaining vote on becoming the new bishop of the Mancos Ward. He related that just the thought of standing up in front of all those people had him nervous to the point that he was thinking he would be better off forgetting the call and leaving to head back to Mancos to slip back into the life he was familiar with.
Mom, not wanting to go back to that life, held him firmly by the arm and walked forward by his side into the building and found the proper place to sit. As Dad related the story he expressed how Mom had a better hope than he did at the time for an improved life situation and refused to be by his side if he chose to go backwards but was fully supportive in getting him into a better future.
I know for my part that Mom has been supportive with me in my positive ventures and not condeming when I've done my stupid acts. I love you Mom and appreciate your quiet commitment in helping to make me a better person

3 comments:

Angela said...

Grandma is such a wonderful woman! I love you grandma...for the great example you have been in my life!!

Lori Buhr said...

I don't ever remember mom saying a bad or cruel thing to anyone or about anyone. What a woman of strength, grace, light, example, joy and peace. I wanna be like her when I grow up.

Amy said...

Happy Mother's Day Grandma!!! You are an inspiration to me. I love you very much!