Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My bare bottom spanking

As Mom would cook dinner in the evenings it would be a common event for us to take our bath as she was doing the cooking. After ten hours of being boys, making mud pies, squishing ants, climbing trees, kicking up dust and all, the first order of business would be for us to take that bath so as not to contaminate any food presented to us.

Just because we were in the bath tub though didn't mean that play time was finished. We got the great idea that we could play "boat launching" at the same time we got ourselves cleaned.

Our tub was slanted on the back end so we got it in our mind we could use that slant like a playground slide. I was the first to be the launching boat. I got up and onto the back part of the tub, curled my legs under me and let go to the tub sides and slid down into the water just as we had seen ships do on television when they were being christened to make their maiden voyage.
I smashed down into the water with big splash and laughed out loud at my new adventure.

Dennis got a good splashing of the water in his face and wanted to return the favor. (We always bathed together, did you have a bath mate?) We traded places with me down by the drain and Dennis now at the back of the tub getting ready for a maiden voyage of his own. He was getting weaker from the slow but steady progress of Muscular Dystrophy but still had enough strength to get himself situated and then off and down the tub slide for an even bigger splash than mine, that sent a goodly amount of water up and over the edge of the bath tub.

Now that we both had had a good turn we changed places and I had the challenge in my head of making my second slide a bigger and better slide than the one Dennis had just pulled. As I teetered on the back edge of the tub I had the sudden realization that there wasn't very much water left for me to slide into..."what had happened to the water?" I thought but didn't do much rationalizing as I sent myself down into the tub for my second splashing.

Just at that moment Mom walked into the bathroom to see what the raucous laughter was all about and witnessed my little cannonball dive into the tub with its accompanying splash of water. Might I remind you she had just arrive from the kithchen where she was trying to do the cooking and she had a pan in her hand she had planned on boiling some food in. At the sight of her bathroom floor having more water on it that what was in the tub, Mom lost her self control. She hurried over to the tub, pulled me up and out with one hand and commenced to paddle me with that pan on my bare, wet bottom...TWANG TWANG TWANG...I heard the sound ring out and felt the accompanying pain zip through my butt as I recieved my punishment for trying to be ship when I should have been a cleaner.

We were given implicit instructions to clean up the water mess we made or a return trip would be made with a bigger pan. Needless to say we mopped up that mess immediately and when we were done I had Dennis look at my bottom to see what kind of mark had been left.

"Whew!!! Your butt is soooo red. She got you good."

1 comment:

Amy said...

Another great story! Reminds me that boys will be boys. That is one of my boys favorite things to do!