Wednesday, November 21, 2007

As I was going through some of my Father's papers in an effort to help Mom get their estate in order I ran across this poem I had written to him in an earlier time...
You cheered me on in basketballand in everything I've done
you've been proud to be my father,I've been proud to be your son
but when this life is over and the next life has begun
on our first day back in heavenI will take you one on one....

Dad loved basketball and though I had written him several poems, this is the only one I found he had kept. I suppose he is up practicing now so we can keep this committment on the b-ball court.

1 comment:

Lori Buhr said...

I was always amazed at his shot. Remember how he shot from the waist with the spin on the ball. I always wondered how he ever got a shot off if anyone was guarding him. I remember when they instituted the 3-point line and how Dad relived his glory days and tried to imagine how that would have improved his stats since he liked to shoot from outside. I hope I am there when you take him one on one. Best of luck to you!