Thursday, November 15, 2007

Grand kids can get you arrested!!!!!!

I got a call from my youngest daughter who was laughing and wanted to pass on a conversation she had just had with our 3 year old granddaughter.It seems our granddaughter was giggling at something and when an inquiry was made as to what was so funny she said..."I am thinking of the time Grandpa was sucking on me...
"Well, needless to say this caused an instant picture of horror in the minds of my daughter and son-in-law so they started the interrogation. "Which grandpa was sucking on you?" they asked.
"The crazy one" was her reply. (Usually she calls me the silly one, but I got upgraded for this tattle tell story)
So now I was the suspect."How was he sucking on you?" was the next question.
Her answer brought confusion to my daughter."You know Mom. You were there. Don't you remember?"
This made my son-in-law's eyebrows raise even further as the this dastardly deed now involved my daughter.Upon further questioning it seems my granddaughter was remembering the time I was vacuuming up the stairs with the long hose from our central vac system. In a teasing gesture, each time she got close by me I would push the hose her way in an attempt to "suck" her up through that little hose and off the stairs along with the dirt particles. This would make her howl with terror at first, but then laugh with glee when she had gotten away to safety.The way she had remembered it and passed it on to her parents had my own daughter ready to have me arrested.I'm glad they did more questioning before calling the police......

5 comments:

Rick...the meek and mild said...

I wanted to edit this but will post this in the comment area. The reason I posted this story about Arianna is because her birthday is coming up towards the end of November...Happy Birthday Ari

Amy said...

Very funny! Ari sure is a cutie. I really miss them. Thanks for the story!!

Angela said...

I laugh every time Arianna talks about this...and she still talks about it. Howeer, this time her vocabulary is larger and she actually uses words like..."vaccum" and "pretending to suck me up".
Arianna even said the other day, "I wonder if grandpa will bring his vaccum when he come to visit over Thanksgiving."

Haha...Ang

melanie said...

kids say the darndest things...

Lori Buhr said...

I think Dad died thinking that Terry was a cross dresser. He had come by early one Saturday morning when we were sleeping in and the kids were already up watching cartoons and eating cereal. Terry and I had matching robes and the only thing different was the length. His was knee length and mine was floor length. When you consider the difference in size between the two of us you can see how easy it was to get the two robes mixed up. Terry heard Dad come in the house on that Saturday morning. He got up and put on a robe and started out to see what Dad wanted only to get half way there and realize he was wearing my robe and not his. A very young Patrick came running down the hall to the bedroom to get us. He saw Terry changing robes and ran back out to the living room and told Dad, "My Dad will be here in just a minute, he was wearing my mom's night gown and he is changing it." Kids...you gotta love 'em!