Friday, June 20, 2008

Death??

Death?? Oh yes!! I'm familiar with him
He has taken my brother, my sister, my friend
He has taken my father, my granddaughter too
He has taken the old, he has taken the new.

And each time he came he tore me a part
and left me with such a large hole in my heart
but all you who loved me knew of my pain
and helped me until I felt normal again

So each day I pray and thank God above
For each one of you and all of your love
and I thank Him for each of those dear ones who've died
for they each added joy and brought strength to my life

And I know that some day death will visit again
I don't know the who or the how or the when
and when he comes I'll be broken anew
but thanks to you all I know I'll make it through

and someday death will come calling for me
and when he does, what a friend he will be
for love is eternal and death cannot end
this love that I feel for my family and friends

Jayden is waiting, Roberta is there
When we finally meet a reunion we'll share
and I know that my joy will be more than my pain
when I finally see all my loved ones again

6 comments:

Amy said...

Another favorite of mine!

I have found myself jumping on the computer each day this week knowing there would be a new poem waiting for me to read. It has been a good week!!

Thanks for sharing your many talents and beautiful messages to us this week. I don't want poetry week to ever end!

Angela said...

I think this poem in my favorite one of all. I love all your poems, but this one hits a part of me that I struggle with...death. Maybe it is because I have no control over death. It makes me feel so voulnerable.

However, knowing that death is truly just the next step to a much better life is comforting.

Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

What a great way to put it! It's hard to imagine a joy so deep as death's despair, but what a wonderful thing to look forward to!
Thank you for sharing your talents!

Brooke said...

This is a very special poem for me. I love this one. I feel death is a reunion in heaven and how wonderful it is to be reunited with loved ones.

Lori Buhr said...

I like the part about when death comes for me. I think I can deal with that death better than the others. Thank goodness for the truths we have in the gospel. Death is difficult enough even when we know it is part of the plan and has purpose. Without that knowledge I don't know what I would do. Love you!