Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tiny fingers

Amy made a request for this. This was inspired by watching the girls as growing babies and wanting to teach them about life
.
.
.
.
Tiny fingers wrapped around my thumb
Baby's laughter, your face is full of crumbs
Lie beside the one who gave you birth
She and I will tell you the wonders of the earth

The beauty as the sunshine greets another day
The wonder of a smile that chases tears away
Flowers in the springtime, the colored leaves of fall
The joy of having friends with whom to share it all

Tiny fingers wrapped around my thumb
Baby's laughter your face is full of crumbs
Lie beside the one who gave you birth
She and I will tell you the heart aches of the earth

The pain that burns within you when a loved one dies
Perplexed because there are no answers to your whys
War and its destruction, a million tears will fall
Each day that your alive you'll have to face it all

Tiny fingers wrapped around my thumb
Baby's laughter your face is full of crumbs
Lie beside the one who gave you birth
She and I will tell you the purpose of the earth

Each day will bring a lot of good and bad for you
So always help the needy, try your best to do
Both of us can truly tell you that this life's worth while
Oh yes we know it is every time you smile...................

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh dad! Your poems/songs are perfect. I love them! You really are the greatest dad. Your song says it all. Thanks for sharing your passion for life with us!

Amy said...

Thanks for posting my request. I love that song/poem. It is even better to listen to you sing it!!

Angela said...

As I read the poem, I pictured you singing it. I can literally hear you sing it! It makes me want to come home!!

Lori Buhr said...

You're such a softie. You have to be to have raised three wonderful daughters. I love your poems and writings, they are special and sacred. Don't stop.