Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My lullaby

Here is a song I use to get the little ones to go to sleep while they are under my care...
.
.
.
.
My little child the day is through
I hope that it was nice to you
your precious face has made me smile
Now let me sing to you awhile

There was a time I felt alone
your mother came, we made our home
and now you're here and you're so sweet
I need no more, my life's complete.

So close your eyes and go to sleep
your mom and I will try to keep
you safe from harm your whole life through
Please always know that we love you

There was a time I felt alone
your mother came, we made our home
and now you're here and you're so sweet
I need no more, my life's complete.

Your mother whispered in my ear
and now my eyes are filled with tears
I feel so blessed! What can I say?
Your baby sister's due next May.........

3 comments:

Angela said...

This poem if familiar to me...maybe it was because you would say it to me. By the way, I caught Arianna the other day singing "Ricky Raccoon" in her room. It was hilarious.

Amy said...

This is probably my second favorite song/poem from you. Can I request a poem for you to post?

Tiny Fingers.... my favorite!

Lori Buhr said...

Very effective. Wish I knew the tune. Lots of grandbabies to sing to. Smiles...I love the poems.