Sunday, June 15, 2008

Who knew???

There is a national poetry day in October, a national poety week in late August and a national poetry month in March...or so my google search informed me. Each day this week I'll post a poem I have written and I'll start off with this short poem I wrote for Dad and our love for basketball.

You cheered me on in basketball and in everything I've done
you've been proud to be my father, I've been proud to be your son
but when this life is over and our spirit life's begun
on that first day back in heaven I will take you one on one..........

2 comments:

Lori Buhr said...

Wow! A poem a day! I'll be sure I tune in regularly this week. Happy Father's Day to you. Happy Birthday to Dot!

Brooke said...

Nice one dad. Bryn says "Uno Grandpa. I love you. I am choking myself. Why did you choke yourself when you were little?" Are you enjoying your Fathers Day?